Tuesday, March 4, 2008

noobelf



  1. A person who has no skill.

  2. Someone who is new to a game, or website, online game, or something.

  3. The most common race chosen by new players of World of WarCraft.
I've finally arrived in the blogosphere. Instead of trumpets, I'm hearing that old pathetic "exiting Windows" wav file in my head (tada!). Kind of celebratory and defeated at the same time.

I've been working in high-tech companies, and teaching technology for almost two decades - but still surprisingly resistant to this new form of communication. It seems like talking to yourself in the forest, carthartic but ultimately just you and the quiet. That said, I still find myself reading blogs in my free time and it's pretty cool to peek into others lives in such a unique manner. I really appreciate people who can capture a moment in time, a topic, or even just document a process.

Now that I've entered this literary RPG I suppose the obligatory, "I hope to write about... perceptions... humor... insight... absurdity... technology... culture... etc..." is necessary. I've got some ideas, but I'd rather just see how it goes.

Embracing the noobelf.

1 comment:

Miles Inada said...

pwnd, noob!

Join my guild.

Lord Miles of Bathos Deep