Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pixelart OCD

I'm sitting here with Digital God Miles Inada at a conference table in the art building at SOU. Like two ancient greeks we've been posing and pontificating about the nature of digital art. He's doing some really cool comics based on his "Arms & Ether" series. I just showed him something that made him say, "You're insane!" I think he might be right... here's a tiny, poorly-scaled version of our house in pixelart format.

I don't know why I am lured by the pixel. A few weeks back I did a post about my obsession with isometric pixelart. Turns out I have some friends in low-rez places. There are several pixelart communities on the web - neighborhoods plotted in obsessively small blocks of color. I was inspired to attempt some of my own cookin' based on the following cool sites:

I'm going to submit my little GIF file to one of these neighborhoods, even if I'm the most boring house on the pixelblock! Yes, I'm obviously OCD at some level to do this much pixel pushing. This must be why I enjoy doing wood trim work, programming, making guitars, unloading the dishwasher, shutting open cabinet doors, typing too much in my blog...

3 comments:

Chris McLean said...

Thanks for checking us out - be sure to add the citypixel places facebook app too!

Anonymous said...

Cool sites....pixeldam is cool and citypixel is amazing..

I love pixel art...simple but complex at the same time

Miles Inada said...

Only a true digital god would live in a house made entirely of pixels. You are such a god.