Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Huzzah to the Apocalypse!

I know that it's been strangely quiet here at da 8 bit... I've been working on Christy's web site for her new book, "Prophecy of Days. Book One: The Daykeepers Grimoire." Of course I am extremely biased, but I think it's quite good. A jaunty tale of whip-smarty-pants teens in a paranormal Mayan thriller focused on 2012. Flux is going to publish two books in this series, targeted at the Young Adult Fiction market. Prophecy is scheduled to be released in 2010.

The web site is cool, but I must admit to some reservations when my "client" approached me wanting "hot Mexican colors" (ahem, 80's Wham!) and a lot of "eye-searing pink fonts" (ahem, photoshop disaster!). Don't get too excited about my web skillz. I used a template, broke it down and rebuilt it with new graphics. However, I did have to bust out my actionscript/html coding beanie a little bit, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Congrats, Christy! I'm really proud of you! Click the pic to visit the newly minted prophecyofdays.com


P.S. I promise to be a better blogger in the future... really, I promise...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best website I've ever seen!

Arial Perspective said...

Nice job! Always listen to your client(s). A fine artist knows that it's usually better to go inside the color wheel to the grayer tones, not the raw, garish brights on the outer rim. But when the product is as good as Christy's book is, it calls for all out blasting, WOW color! -Mom