Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'd like to thank my students...

... for putting up with all of my rants in class.
... for laughing at my (clearly outdated) jokes.
... for allowing me to explore ShamWow marketing during class time (still waiting for delivery).
... for saying "Ho" when I say "Hey" to show understanding during my software demos.
... for allowing me to take over their machines using Crosstec Schoolvue (ahem, spy tools!).
... for deciphering my chicken scratch on their project sheets.
... for making our school web site a more interesting place.
... for their artistic and technical talents which amaze me daily.
... for inspiring me to come back to work every day with a smile on my face.

What hath wrought this sappy prose!?! Today I received a new set of computers for my lab. They were purchased through a federal grant that funds career and technical education (a.k.a. Voc Tech). The people who manage this fund have been very kind to me over the years. To be honest, I would not be able to teach what I teach without their support.

Alas, how do the students fit in? They spent the whole day tearing down my lab and installing the new machines. I'd like to give three particular shout-outs: Period 1 Web Team, thanks for packing up the old machines and cleaning the room. WT4Life, you guys rule! Period 4 Advanced Digital Media, thanks for all the hard labor unloading the truck and unpacking all the boxes. Mount Styrofoam was epic and glorious! You are one of the most creative classes I've ever taught. Period 7 Intro to Digital Media, thanks for recycling, and following my endlessly pendantic instructions on cables. I'm really going to miss laughing with you guys during 7th - a perfect class for the end of the day.

Here's a poorly done animated GIF from today's events:

No comments: