Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Fine Weekend of Watching Football and Making Stuffed Animals

I didn't just honor diversity this weekend, I celebrated it. I ran the gamut from watching 4 different football games*, to a prolific session with the sewing machine on Sunday where I kicked out 3 stuffed animals. I know. You're like, "Wakka Wakka What?" That's right people, I know how to sew. My momma taught me at young age. What about it!?! When the zombie apocalypse finally comes, I will be ready with a bolt of fabric and a few choice buttons. We'll see who is laughing then...

Juliet and I have been talking lately about how cool it would be to make our own versions of "Ugly Dolls". So today we picked up fleece at Wal-Mart and went to work. Hank received the first effort, a stripey dude that he named "Germy McNugget". Then Juliet designed and sewed a character named "Cloudor", which comes with a brilliant brown sock as an accessory. Finally, I made a one-eyed monster that Christy warned me looked like something that could spawn human life - at that point it was clear that quittin' time was upon us. Overall, I think they came out really well. Better than my Seahawks...


*Oregon v. Utah (Ducks Win!), Florida tells Tennessee and the Kiffin's to pipe down. My Seahawks get the beatdown from the surprising 49ers and are doomed with another year of loss and injury. Lastly, the Giants beat the Cowboys and no one hit Double J's low hanging TV set. Special bonus - YewDub downs SC this weekend! Highly satisfying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!! But I do agree with Christy about the spermy one.
EEEWWWWW. Mom

Anonymous said...

Scott, you are the BEST Dad ever!
Carol