Thursday, October 29, 2009

Swine Flu Day 1

Karma... You know what they say. Initially I dismissed swine flu as yet another media-hyped creation of our hypochondriac-filled culture. After a couple of months of teaching kids about avoiding H1N1, washing my hands every five minutes, and seeing a lot of them succumb - I now have it. It's as bad as they say it is; a severe form of flu. What sucks about it is that it combines the worst features of several forms of sickness (fever, achy back, sore throat, headache, sinus pressure, ridiculous green snot, cough, watery eyes, fatigue).

So far the Tamiflu is not really doing anything miraculous. Viruses are such a strange robotic thing. I understand the science behind it, but it still seems like science fiction. I must make amends with my body. G'night.

2 comments:

Atlas Rune said...

Raedeke, noooooo!


I wish you the best of luck getting better from this flu.

Scott Raedeke said...

Thanks for the well wishes Alex, made my dark day a little brighter. Take your vitamins!