Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My 15 Minutes of Fame is Over

Movember is now complete! Special thanks to all of the South Medford High staff, students, family and community members who donated to the Mo Panther team and the fight against men's cancer. Most of all, I'd like to thank my loving wife for hanging in there with me on one of the most hideous things I've ever grown.

Huge shoutout to Jenica Villamor, a talented local reporter on CBS affiliate KTVL (and a grad of the awesome school of journalism at U of O). She did a news story on our efforts which resulted in a lot of exposure for the cause and some key donations. Here's Jenica's piece on the Mo Panther team at South. Well done. I must say, fellow teacher and hoop brother Russ Miller did a great job representing our team! I'll update this post with our final total as we wind down.

1 comment:

Kyora Xi said...

Oh wow, they misspelled and mispronounced your last name... can no-one in this sad little town get it right? O_o