Tuesday, January 4, 2011

R.I.P. Gerry Rafferty

Damn, Gerry Rafferty just died. Sounds like the bottle got the best of him... I remember hearing his music in the car with my Dad. He was a little before my time, but his 1978 "City to City" album is an all time classic. If you're not familiar with his music, here are three monster hits.

Baker Street is quintessential laid back 70s rock. Dave Grohl did a great cover several years ago...



Here's the tune that was famous long before Tarantino used it as a backdrop for the brutal cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs. Strange video, though...


A great love song. I can remember hearing this many times on AM radio growing up in Portland. Thanks for the great music, Gerry!

1 comment:

Rick said...

RIP, indeed. Baker Street is one of those songs that just hung around for so long. Not much else survived from '78. Nice shout out to the album, as well.